Life Expectancy: Patterns and Trends
- Levels of mortality are declining.
- Life expectancy is increasing.
- 75% of the increase in longevity has been achieved in the 20th and early 21st century
- The difference between the more developed world and the less developed world is 10 years.
- Rates of life expectancy have converged significantly between rich and poor countries during the last 50 years.
- Increasing life expectancy have to some extent offset the widening disparity between per capita incomes.
- AIDS has caused recent decreases in life expectancy in some countries.
- Projections suggest the disparity in life expectancy will continue to narrow.
Influences on Life Expectancy:
- The influence of disease.
Geographical Variations in Disease.pdf
- Physical Environmental Conditions –